Living in a place where the market serves emulsion vs distemper paint you with its variety, emulsion vs distemper paint the customers are bound to get confused. emulsion vs distemper paint While planning to paint your house, the biggest confusion comes with lack of knowledge about the variety of paints. Interior painting renders Distemper paints and Emulsion. Distemper Wall Paint is also widely known as cement paint as it can be directly applied on any walls. Emulsion paints are water based and provide matt finish to the walls Paint My Walls have accumulated pros and cons for each which will help you select the best.
It is considered to be the most economical type of Wall Paint available in markets today. In common term, it’s called as the “whitewash paint”. The basic constituent of distemper is chalk, lime, and water. The advantage of this paint is that they can be used directly on walls and need no surface preparation. The paint is workable till five to six years and can be applied inside and outside the walls.
Pros of Distemper
- Distempers can be directly applied on cement surface without any preparations.
- They are less expensive compared to other alternatives.
- They stay longer and may be up to three to five years.
- They have fewer odours.
- They don’t dry or crack in sunlight.
Cons of distemper paint
- They quality will not be great when compared to other paints.
- The paint shades or peels off when wet.
Emulsion paints are washable and the stains can be washed with wipes dipped in solutions. emulsion vs distemper paint It gives a shiny look to the walls but is costlier than distemper.
Pros of Emulsion Paint
- They last longer compared to distemper. It can be retained for five to eight years.
- The paint is washable when compared to distemper.
- One of the benefits of using emulsion paint is that it can be painted onto any surface like wooden furniture, emulsion vs distemper paint lining papered walls.
Cons of Emulsion Paints
- It’s more expensive than the distemper paints
- They have very low drying rate at humid places.